2 lbs. Heavy Cream
2 oz. Truffle Sauce (pate)
10 lbs. Russet Potatoes, sliced thin
1.5 oz. Kosher Salt
.5 oz. Cracked black pepper
8 oz. Butter, unsalted
2 lbs. Grana Padano, grated
1. Spray a 200 pan with cooking spray, then line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350* F.
2. Take heavy cream, truffle sauce, potatoes, salt, pepper, and mix them all together in a large bowl. Make sure that all the salt, pepper, and truffle are distributed evenly.
3. Lay a layer of potatoes on the bottom, all facing one direction. Place dabs of butter on top, then sprinkle cheese. Repeat this process, but lay the potatoes in the opposite direction.
4. Repeat this process back and forth until all cheese and butter have been used. Ideally, you should end with butter and cheese on top.
5. Lay another piece of parchment paper on top, and press gentle so that all layers are even before baking. Cover with foil wrap, and place in the oven. Cook for 40 minutes, then check for doneness. Use should be able to place a knife inside and have it come clean out. Cook more or less based on this idea.
6. Once removed from the oven, uncover foil and let sit for about 10 minutes. Take a piece of cardboard wrapped in foil and place on top of potatoes. Take 3-4 #10 cans, and place on top, so that the potatoes are being pressed. Cool completely this way in the cooler.